Kameela Osman, M.S.W., R.S.W., C. Hyp, PMH-C
Social Worker | Psychotherapist |
Clinical Hypnotherapist | Perinatal Mental Health Certified | Founder of Elite Counselling & Consulting Services
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Beahviour Therapy (DBT)
- Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy (C. Hyp)
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate
- Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training
- Trauma Informed Therapy Training
- Trauma Informed Therapy, Supervision Training
- Sex and Trauma
- Integrating Sex & Couples Therapy
- When Sex Hurts: Understanding & Addressing Sexual & Pelvic
Pain Concerns in Therapy
- Brief Narrative
- Single Session
- Gottman Method of Couples Therapy (Level 1 & 2)
- Trained facilitator of the Ministry of Attorney General's - Direct Accountability Programs (Anger Management Program; Alcohol and Drug Program; and Stop Shop Theft).
- Trained facilitator of the Ministry of Attorney General's - Partner Abuse Response Program
- Gang Awareness by Ministry of Child & Youth Services
- Understanding Family, Immigration and Refugee Law - for VAW Workers Certificate
- Trained facilitator of The Seven Principle's for Making Marriage Work Workshop, through The Gottman Insititute.
- Restorative Justice Training
- Violent Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) - Level One
- Mental Health First Aid Certified
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Group Facilitation
- Crisis Line Training
Kameela Osman, is a passionate social worker / psychotherapist. Throughout her career she has taken on many roles, creating a holistic perspective of mental health, wellness and life issues. Having lived and professional experience in the field she appreciates what it takes to reach out for support.
She founded Elite Counselling and Consulting Services, to bring more of her being and presence into therapy. She is a strong advocate for mindfulness in this manner. To her, the professional is personal, her life experiences lead her to a deep appreciation for struggling alone, not knowing how/when to reach out. She is driven by the belief that each person matters and through helping others create a better world for themselves, creates a better world for all.
She works on multiple levels (including with individuals, couples, organizations, communities, etc.) to support mental, emotional, and relational well-being. Services are offered in-person (Bowmanville, ON) and through online video (Ontario-wide, using a PHIPA compliant platform, OnCall Health).
Kameela believes in collaborating for practical solutions, working to offer services that move you from the therapy room to a better lived life!
Kameela is an experienced practitioner, she has a personal philosophy of using obstacles as opportunities. After graduating with her Bachelors of Social Work from York University in 2008, she completed her Masters in Social Work at York University, just a year later, in 2009. She takes a holistic approach to her life, continuing today to work, engage in professional development and give back to the community. Through her work at a local non-profit, she has sat on a number of community tables & committees, including: the Domestic Violence Advisory Committee of York Region; York Region Violence Against Women Coordinating Committee; Prevention of Elder Abuse Committee in York Region; The high conflict forum of York Region; as well as various sub-committees. She is adept at effectively collaborating with community and justice partners to create better services for all.
She is an experienced group facilitator, coordinator, therapist and clinical supervisor. Her clinical experience includes working with individuals, couples, families and mandated clients (both adults & youth). She’s skilled at working with clients on issues such as, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, bullying, anger, assertiveness, sexuality, domestic violence, and relationship issues, to name a few.
Taking an integrated approach to counselling is important to her. Rather than being a proponent of a theoretical framework, she prefers to work with you, to find what works for you. This includes at times using elements of, CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy), ACT (acceptance commitment therapy), narrative therapy, solution focused and mindfulness, among other approaches, in her counselling technique.